ALBANY, N.Y. (News10) — SEFCU and CAP COM, two community credit unions, have donated more than $350,000 to just about 50 food pantries and rescue missions in the Capital Area, Binghamton, Buffalo, and Syracuse areas.
“Food insecurity is this sort of a disaster and in some cases we fail to remember about the decisions that people today have to make. Men and women have to pick out involving feeding on and having to pay expenditures, and which is a decision that no person need to have to make. Nobody need to have to go hungry at night. No university student should have to go to school in the morning with no becoming fed,” explained CAP COM President and CEO Chris McKenna.
Alongside with aiding meals pantries inventory cabinets, the donations will assistance local non-income present providers to feed family members and men and women.
SEFCU and CAP COM declared their merger to make a new credit rating union in July.
“We are both of those goods of the credit union motion which is, ‘people aiding people today,’ and that is exactly what we are performing. We know which is our goal. We have been accomplishing it individually. When we do it as a mixed entity, there will be no halting us,” explained SEFCU President and CEO Michael Castellana.
- Capital City Rescue Mission
- Trinity Alliance of the Capital Region
- The Meals Pantries for the Capital District
- Sr. Maureen Joyce Middle
- St. John’s – St. Anne’s Foods Pantry
- Cathedral Meals Pantry
- St. Catherine’s Marillac Loved ones Shelter
- South Conclusion Children’s Café
- VA Foods Pantry
- Saratoga EOC
- Christ Episcopal Church Food items Pantry
- Catholic Charities – Schoharie, Columbia-Greene, Herkimer, Hilltowns, Fulton-Montgomery, CoNSERNS-U, Roarke Center
- Higher Galway Local community Solutions Association
- St. Paul’s Centre
- Metropolis Mission of Schenectady
- Bethesda Residence
- Schenectady Inner Metropolis Ministry
- YWCA Meals Pantry and Soup Kitchen area
- Veterans and Neighborhood Housing Coalition
- Regional Food items Financial institution of Northeastern New York
- Hope 7 Food stuff Pantry
- Commission on Financial Possibility
- Unity Property
- UAlbany Purple Pantry
Central New York
- Rescue Mission Soup Kitchen area
- Catholic Charities Men’s Shelter
- Foods on Wheels of Syracuse
- Foods Lender of Central New York
- Obvious Route for Veterans
- Syracuse Northeast Local community Heart
- Feed Our Vets
- Samaritan Centre
- Neighborhood Starvation Outreach Warehouse (CHOW)
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry
- Whitney Area Rescue Mission
Western New York
- Buffalo City Mission
- Reaction to Really like
- St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy
- Compass Property
- Feed More Western New York
SEFCU reported it has been producing these donations to pantries and shelters considering that 2010.